No Bieber rumors! Selena Gomez to grace Buffalo next week
blog by Morgan Culhane • October 09, 2013 @ 3:43pm
Selena Gomez’s Stars Dance Tour stops in Buffalo at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 15 at the First Niagara Center with American reggae pop-rock band Emblem3 opening for her.
The 21-year-old pop singer has released one studio album, one EP, six singles and 10 music videos during her solo career, with all six singles reaching the No.1 spot on Billboard’s Top 100 list.
Lately, the only headlines involving Gomez are about her split with Justin Bieber—which is remarkably on-again, off-again—but the national recording artist has been up to much more than worrying about her well-publicized breakup.
Updates on what Gomez has been doing:
1) She was nominated for best female in MTV’s European Music Awards.
2) She was rumored to be chosen as the face of Versace but instead Sri Lankan-British recording artist, M.I.A., will be partnering up with the Italian fashion house.
3) While her singing career is taking off, her acting career is receiving the opposite kind of attention. Her newest film “Getaway” has been rated the worst film of 2013 and is a leading contender in the “Worst Movie” category for the upcoming Razzie Awards.
4) She recorded a electro-pop duet called “Already Missing You,” with Latin pop singer Prince Royce, whose album “Soy El Mismo” released this week.
5) She has teamed up with CharityBuzz, a global charity auction site, to auction off a meet-and-greet and two tickets to her show at Brooklyn’s Barlcays Center on Oct. 16.
6) She was sued for millions by Adrenalina Inc., a fragrance company, after backing out of an endorsement deal. Both parties agreed on a settlement and the lawsuit was dismissed.
7) Although Versace is not in Gomez’s near future, her fashion career is still taking off. She released her fall Dream Out Loud clothing collection in mid-September, available exclusively at Kmart.
8) She launched a competition with Adidas’ NEO label to pick photos for her winter collection campaign.
9) Nicole by OPI unveiled Selena Gomezholiday nail polish gift sets. The polishes feature bold bright colors and lots of glitter.
10) She has two films that are in post-production and set to release in 2014, the comedy “Behaving Badly” and musical drama “Rudderless.” For the sake of her acting career hopefully these films will be more successful than her latest movie flop.
Tickets to see Gomez’s show in a few days are still available on ticketmaster.com, and prices range from $28 to $63.50.
For more information about Gomez, visit her website.