Holiday Taste of Buffalo Twitter contest to support Food Bank of WNY
blog by Ben Tsujimoto • December 05, 2012 @ 5:07pm
We’re all for simple contests, especially when they double as charitable endeavors.
The Taste of Buffalo, our city’s annual summer food festival presented by Tops, is participating in a Food 2 Families holiday drive that benefits the Food Bank of Western New York. The winner will receive a $100 gift card to spend at Tops, while Tops Markets will then match the prize with another $100 gift card to the Food Bank.
Entering the contest is very easy, and here’s how you do it.
1) Follow the Taste of Buffalo on Twitter. @TasteofBuffalo
2) Head to one of these six WNY Tops locations on Friday to donate cash or a non-perishable food item.
• 4777 Transit Road, Depew
• 7200 Niagara Falls Blvd, Niagara Falls
• 3980 Maple Road, Amherst
• 2101 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo
• S. 6150 South Park Ave., Hamburg
• 5827 S. Transit Rd., Lockport
3) Take a photo of yourself donating the canned good or cash—you can make as goofy of a face as you’d like, and “selfies” are accepted too.
4) Submit the photo as a contest entry by tweeting “@TasteofBuffalo” and attaching the photo of your donation. You can also use the hash-tag #Food2Families to submit your entry, but following Taste of Buffalo on Twitter is a prerequisite. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Dec. 7.
Knowing the Food Bank and the organization’s talent in aiding the WNY’s needy, not just during the holidays but year-round, the $100 donated by Tops will go a long way. Embrace the season of giving, Buffalo.
(Photo of the fat santa is courtesy of Flickr / Fortyseven)