The things I would be willing to give up to see the Demolition Derby
blog by Erin Daetsch • August 03, 2012 @ 9:31am
The Demolition Derby (scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 19 at the Erie County Fair) is all about crashing, smashing and crazy paint jobs. Who wouldn’t want to get in on that? Year after year, fairgoers have come to love this tradition. It is a chance to cheer on your favorites and bet on who will outlast the others. You do not even have to be a die-hard fan to enjoy this great display of destruction.
As you can see by my list below, I would be willing to give up a lot to just be part of the boisterous crowd on the sidelines.
1. The last piece of peanut butter pie
2. Drive thrus
3. Couples Halloween costumes
4. Hot showers
5. A free vacation to Europe
6. Good magazines at the dentist’s office
7. Any of the Real Housewives
8. Ketchup with my fries
10. Jim’s Steakout on Thanksgiving Eve
11. The iPhone connector to my car stereo
12. My car
13. The popcorn button on microwaves
14. A year of sun
15. No lines at Wegmans
16. Facebook and Twitter
17. Sweatpants, water and the couch on Sunday mornings
18. The ability to fast forward through commercials
19. Christmas trees
The Demolition Derby will take place at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. on August 19 at Buffalo.com Grandstand. The show at 1:00 p.m. will feature a school bus demolition derby, as well.
Photo from Flickr/a4gpa